And just like that, the reigning Rookie of the Year[1. Shohei Ohtani is fake news.] is potentially out for the season and the season has barely even begun.
Here is the play where the injury occurred:
Fuck the Baltiore Orioles.
Miguel Andujar bat .297 with 47 doubles, 27 doubles and a .855 OPS. He finished in the AL Top 10 in hits. Again, it was his rookie season. The sky was the limit.
After an offseason and being cruficfied for his inability to field his position, he had already shown drastic improvements at third base and now an entire season of development is about to be stripped away from him.
This is scary and could end one of two ways:
- At the end of the 2017 season, Gleyber Torres was about to come up to the Majors and snatch Chase Headley’s chain until he tore his UCL diving into home base and needed Tommy John Surgery. He came back just fine and also almost won the Rookie of the Year award last season.
- In 2016, Greg Bird suffered the same torn labrum injury Andujar is facing except he didn’t come back better than ever like Gleyber did. It 2019 and Bird is still trying to return to what his scouting report predicted he’d become.
Miguel Andujar becomes the 10th player to join the Yankees injured list which has now become a VIP lounge for All-Stars. At this point, if you’re not on the injured list then are you really a star? Really makes you re-evaluate your opinion of Aaron Judge and his big healthy ass.
Jacoby Ellsbury is DJing the VIP lounge and CC Sabathia is serving drinks. That wasn’t meant to be a joke about his
Fuck the Baltimore Orioles.
- Here are Some of the Worst Injuries in the History of Sports
- Your Horniness Can Ruin Someone’s Life
- The Bachelor Recap: Welcome To The Sarah Show
- Turns Out You Can, In Fact, Guard Mike
- Start Immanuel Quickley, Dummy