dwight howard

Did The Los Angeles Lakers Make a Mistake Getting Back With Their Ex?

You should never get back with your ex. There’s a 98% chance that it’ll fail and a 2% chance it’ll fail but like, a little later. Your relationship didn’t work and every day that goes by, it becomes clearer and clearer why it failed. You never go back to an ex.

(Re)Enter Dwight Howard.

In 2012, Dwight Howard was traded to the Los Angeles Lakers and was set to play alongside Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash. A new big three formed ready to burn down the NBA.

Except for the fact that two-time MVP, Steve Nash, only played 65 games in three season in LA due to nagging career-ending injuries and Dwight Howard joined the team only a few months after undergoing back surgery.

Not to mention that Dwight was the antithesis to Kobe Bryant. Kobe was a sociopath devoted to winning basketball games no matter how many awful contested midrange jumpers he had to chuck up and Dwight was devoted to having fun no matter how many wins that cost his team.

Surprisingly this super team won zero championships and he whimpered off to Houston to play with another Hall of Fame shooting guard that wouldn’t want him around either.

Dwight Howard’s relationship in Los Angeles was a classic case of wanting to re-live the good times you shared with the one that got away. The Lakers best years were with Kobe and Shaquille O’Neal together. Clearly they saw Dwight walk in from across the bar and thought he could fill the void left by Shaq. And as it usually goes, he did not. Didn’t even come close.

Yet somehow, fast forward 6 years and Dwight is back…

Are the Lakers making a mistake by getting back with their ex?

Last season, Dwight Howard only played 9 games with the Washington Wizards after undergoing SPINAL surgery. The 7-foot tall asshole hadn’t been athletic in half a decade and now the Lakers are bringing him back post-spine surgery. Awesome.

Los Angeles would be better off running DeMarcus Cousins out there with no ACLs then to just have Dwight on the team bus. By all accounts, Dwight is a complete weirdo.

Anthony Davis has proven himself to be quite impressionable doing whatever the hell his agent says and not having any real agency in his own decisions. Do you really want Dwight Howard preying on your young superstar?

It’s important to note Dwight Howard’s contract details and the fact that it was written out on a dirty napkin. Howard gets paid $15k every day that he’s on the roster. Wasn’t even aware you were allowed to pay for players by the hour. Dwight’s getting paid like a dogwalker. Congrats on the internship.

Lakers might fuck around and get the No. 1 overall draft pick next summer.


Subscribe To Join The Exclusive Club Deadseriousness and Stay in the Know

Thank Me Later.

Leave a Reply

TheLesterLee

Written by TheLesterLee

Creator and King of Deadseriousness. Writer of all things pop culture. Jerk.

E-mail Lester@Deadseriousness.com to talk to the king directly about all Deadseriousness related stuff or if you just want to talk about like, the Yankees or Marvel comics or whatever.

boars on the floor

Boars on the Floor: Should We Feel Bad For Tom?

bret stephens

Bret Stephens, Known Bed Bug, Is Acting Like a Real Bed Bug Right Now