The 50 Greatest Christmas Movies of All Time
After last week’s debacle that was the 50 Greatest Christmas Songs of ALL TIME, Papa Pageviews is back to stir the pot. Here are the 50 greatest Christmas movies of all time. If you disagree then you’re most likely wrong.
Disclaimer: Some of these movies aren’t necessarily about Christmas but just have a few Christmas scenes in them so save your chirping and complaining.
50. Reindeer Games. The worst movie I’ve ever seen. Don’t ever watch this. Ever.
49. The Santa Claus 2
48. Lady and the Tramp
47. The Family Man
46. While You Were Sleeping
45. About a Boy
44. Annie Hall
43. A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas.
42. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
41. Ernest Saves Christmas. Earnestly love Ernest movies.
40. Frosty the Snowman. No.
39. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. People really like this movie. People really like dumb shit.
38. Mixed Nuts. #TeamSteveMartin
37. Christmas with the Kranks. Tim Allen lives for Christmas movies. It’s why he was created.
36. Fred Claus. I have to fill a list of 50 movies so yea.
35. Eyes Wide Shut
34. Catch Me If You Can
33. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
32. The Polar Express
31. Just Friends. Ryan Reynolds in his PRIME.
29. How The Grinch Stole Christmas. The Ron Howard live action version. Not bad…not good. But not bad.
28. Brazil. Dystopian Future. Casual Terrorism. De Niro. What more can you ask for in a Christmas movie? Not much.
27. Trading Places. Gotta give the nod to Eddie Murphy here. Black actors have to stick together.
26. Joyeux Noel. Easily one of the greatest stories ever told.
25. Love Actually.
24. Batman Returns. What’s more festive than a Batman Christmas?
23. A Charlie Brown Christmas. This would be hugher up the list but I’m pretty sure it’s not even a movie. Might be shorter than a television episode.
22. Die Hard 2
21. The Santa Clause. I won’t pretend like I didn’t love this movie when I was a kid.
19. Lethal Weapon. Riggs and Murtaugh have a beautiful Christmas together.
18. Rocky IV. Drago wanted to fight Christmas Day that communist prick.
17. Mean Girls.
16. Home Alone 2. No sequel is better than the original but Home Alone 2 was damn close.
15. A Christmas Carol. Time to run through all of the Christmas Carol. There are I think 3 of these and I have no idea which one I’ve seen so I’m lumping them all together.
14. Mickey’s Christmas Carol. Scrooge McDuck is the only real Scrooge as far as I’m concerned.
13. Scrooged. Bill Murray for the win.
12. Muppet’s A Christmas Carol. I mean obviously the best Christmas Carol.
11. Bad Santa. Finally, a Christmas movie you can get drunk to.
10. Jingle All The Way. The Terminator.
9. The Nightmare Before Christmas. If you think this is just a Halloween movie, you are a fool.
8. A Christmas Story. A classic. Not really worth of a TBS 24 hour marathan but a classic nonetheless.
7. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. My personal favorite, if anyone was curious. No? Ok…
6. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
5. Miracle on 34th Street. Some people think this is the greatest movie. Some people are dumb.
4.Elf. Instant classic.
3. It’s a Wonderful Life. One of the best movies ever.
2. Die Hard. John McClain IS Christmas.
1. Home Alone. Duh.